 |
| Thyme, parsley and chives! |
 |
Cilantro (which it turns out is not a
great one for a pot), rosemary, and sage. |
 |
| I've already enjoyed several of these artichokes! They were here when I moved in. |
 |
| Strawberries, which are not doing terrific, but we've had a few tasty ones. |
 |
| My gigantic tomatoes! Can't wait for these to get red and ready. |
 |
| Squash and peppers. |
 |
| My first cucumber is looking amazing. |
 |
| Surprise cherry tree! |
 |
| I love roses. |
 |
Working on the lawn, but I promise,
this is 10x better than it started. The
green (in 2 ways) bin you can see on
the left is the compost. |
 |
| Lawn, part 2. |
I love working outside in the yard. Raking, trimming, gardening, even weeding isn't too bad! Sure, sure, harvesting is my favorite just like anyone, but it's all a pretty good time. I love the instant gratification after a few hours work when you can see how much better everything looks as well as the feeling of accomplishment after working hard. LOVE IT. So, here's a little tour of my backyard at this point. Enjoy.
We got a compost bin a couple months ago too. Seth (sometimes) likes to empty the house compost out to the yard one.
ReplyDeleteWe've been getting somethings out of are garden so far (lettuce, spinach, green onions, and just recently snow peas...oh yeah, and strawberries...which I forget about because Katie and Seth beat us to all of them.) It turns out the best weed deterrent is Seth...He drives his cars through the dirt and there's not a single weed where he does it...and so far he's left all the desired plants alone. I guess I need to get him to drive through more of the garden. We've got green tomatoes and I'm SO looking forward to them turning red.
Haha, cute little Seth! At least he's making himself useful somehow. Yeah, I have green tomatoes too and it's making me crazy! Hurry up, tomatoes!!! Mmmm, I remember those snow peas. Lila and I ate a bunch once.
ReplyDeleteGeez la weez! you weren't kidding! the garden is so big! the plants you left behind miss you...
ReplyDelete