Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MEWITHOUTYOU


Yippee, we went to a concert! Sure, Cody left our tickets in Logan and the balance wasn't too great at the dumpy venue, but we did it. Turns out, lead singer guy(I rarely know names unless it's the name of the band) decided to learn a billion instruments just for his new songs. Cody says he could already play accordian and he did a little guitar before, but this time he went CRAZY!! He was almost always playing guitar, but also accordian, keyboard, trumpet, and various percussion instruments. It seemed like he wanted us to think he was cool, and I did. They beatle king song was amazing even without the full orchestra from the record. They even handed out a bag of bakery goods of some sort to the crowd. They said they'd tell everyone where they got them after the show. Apparently they are "freegan" and they forgot to say which dumpster they came from. Unfortunately, they ran out before the bag got to us. All in all, it was a fun time. Also of note, we tried 5 Guys burgers for the first time. What a delight, I must say. Everything I wanted and nothing else, plus the fries are fried in peanut oil, so they have a dee-licious flavor. Unfortunately, the fast-food connoiseur himself was very sick from the partying the night before (one day we won't overdo it) and couldn't fully enjoy it. Poor Cody! Anyway, I recommend both activities to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. YAY blog!
    i LOVE 5 Guys! the fries are the only thing i ever get. i sit and eat peanuts while i wait for them.

    FUN! i wish i was there with you. I would've been pissed if i had eaten one of those pastries then found out it came from a dumpster. wait, i understood that right, right?

    ReplyDelete