Yep, that's what I have. I really do. I'm not sure how I got so lucky. So, I thought I'd share it with the world (or the 4 people who follow my blog).
Ok, so, everyone (who has a sense of social standards) knows that there are rules when it comes to being a house guest. You shouldn't stay with someone more than 3 days, especially if you are staying on the couch or some other common area. Next, you should do something in return or to say thanks (such as take them to dinner, buy them a present, etc.). And last, but not least, you should be as convenient as possible (meaning don't expect them to make you a fabulous meal everyday, drive you all over the place, and listen to your problems everyday while you take up all their personal space). Those are some very important rules if you want people to still like you when you've gone. Well, I went and stayed with Lila so I could fine a job and housing. I broke every single one of those rules times 10. Yep, all of them, but somehow she kept chuggin along and making great food, using up her gas for me, and helping me with the decisions I had to make. You really can't find a friend like that everyday, and I think she even still loves me.
And that's not all folks!!
Jency, my forever roommate, threw me my first (and only) farewell party last night. She bought/made bruschetta and cream puffs on my request. Yum. Then, a bunch of my friends got together and bought me a gift. The best, most perfect gift they could have given me... A Tomtom. I can't even believe that they would think to do that, but I have been so nervous about moving to an area so much bigger than Cache Valley and so unfamiliar. They know me so well and even though most of them secretly (or not so secretly sometimes) don't want me to go, they came and supported me and got together to get me my very own GPS!!! Wowee!!
Also, people made sacrifices to come and spend time with me last night. JoAnna put off writing her big paper...even though it was due at midnight last night, I'll miss her. Gid even brought me a wonderful little going away gift that I've been needing for a while. My brother has brought me several boxes and left them in my car and house even when I wasn't around... The point is, it's really great to know that you are loved. And right now, I do. Thanks everyone. You are the best.
Haha! you are a good house guest. you put up with grumpy lila and that's not easy!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited you are coming out here! we're going to be friends! hahahahaha.
Wow, they got you a tomtom?! that was so sweet and thoughtful. we DO have good friends.
Well, you're welcome to crash on our sofa anytime and we'll cook you fabulous food...or at least edible food.
ReplyDeleteOur package is still sitting here...so please send us your new address, so it can be your first package sent to your new place. :)
Liz, I hadn't heard that you were moving! Congratulations! Are you moving to the Bay Area? I look forward to hearing more about your new adventures.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Lila!! I'll be there Monday night. Polly, you make delicious food, believe me, I'll email you my address. Kathy, yep, tomorrow I'll be driving out to San Jose! I'm scared out of my mind, but it's settled. I have a job and a place to live. I guess I'll have to change the name of my blog!
ReplyDeleteWe really are great friends who are very thoughtful. ha ha. I will miss you like someone who misses someone a lot.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about needing to change the name of the blog. "I Hate Winter" still works in the Bay Area - because you will have escaped winter! Have fun with the move!
ReplyDelete