Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Neighbors!!



The Garners!!!! That's right, folks. I'm in California living the life. I'm really about an hour from Rachel, but still, compared to before, she's right down the street. Granddad and Betsy (my grandparents) were visiting the area and came by to pick me up on their way to visit Dewain and Rachel. We had a wonderful time, baking cookies, going on walks, and playing with their puppy (Not Rachel's, Granddad's). We also went out to eat and a cute little Italian place where Nathan went crazy on their garlic bread. I might have gone a little crazy too, but it was delicious and they had oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in. I love that. A highlight of the trip is that I got to eat meat, several times. I've been pretty much vegg since I moved here, only because I'm so poor. Haha!
The nephews were confused as always and called me all three of their aunts' names and were anxious for me to play Mario Cart with them. I told them I would play next time and Daniel looked at me with skepticism. I had to tell him I only live an hour away now, in California. He was pretty excited I think.
Granddad and Betsy and I had a fun little trip home. Right after boasting of the benefits of a GPS, theirs took us through the middle of a town called Pleasanton and added about 20-30 minutes to our car ride! Ha, those tricky little things.

6 comments:

  1. Katie and Seth would approve of the garlic bread dipped in oil and balsamic vinegar too. They both LOVE it. Eric introduced them to it and now we have to have "dippy stuff" every time. I'm just sad that we're not just an hour away from you too. Katie keeps asking to go back to California to visit. Now we have a better reason I guess. Who took the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be near Rachel and family. I miss hearing from them on Polly's myfamily.com website. Please tell them hello from the extended family! How's the new job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Did they accidentaly call you 'Aunt Becky'? If so, I am so flattered.
    Did you find out about anymore skeletons in the closet from Granddad and Betsie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember who took the pic. Granddad or Betsy maybe? I LOVE "dippy stuff" too! I haven't been able to start any job because of all the paperwork...hopefully soon! Sorry Becky, no such luck. They called me Julie and Sara...and Liz. No more skeletons this time, but I'm sure there will be more soon! Haha! He IS cute, each baby looks more and more like Rachel.

    ReplyDelete