
My posts have had really extreme subjects lately. Favorite things, Best things Ever, Worst...etc. Well, I think I just had the best birthday ever. Technically, it's not for two more days, but I went to the Garner's to celebrate with a birthday dinner this weekend. Only, it turned out to be a nice little family party! I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it!
First, I went Saturday and watched Joshua's baseball game (talked to Rachel) and enjoyed the team pizza party afterwards. Then, went home and had a good time.
This morning, we had chocolate chip pancakes on my request along with bacon and eggs! Then, a nice little home teacher visit and church where they sang to me in Primary and gave me a birthday candy bar. When we got home, Rachel and Dewain prepared a special birthday dinner of marinated steaks, mashed red potatoes and asparagus. Wow!!!
If that wasn't enough, Joshua brought me a huge gift bag that he had taped closed. I didn't actually think anything was in it, but when I opened I found $6 and some random change...ALL of his money. He had opened his little coin bank and put everything in it in that bag for me. I can't believe how sweet and generous he is. He's a preschooler!! Then, I was taken into the living room and several presents were sitting on the coffee table wrapped up cute. The boys took turns bringing them to me. I opened the first one and it was a can of pears...I'm pretty poor, so I was happy. I looked down again and there was a $20 dollar bill taped to the label and a quarter on top! Whoa. I then unwrapped several cans with various bills taped to them. They knew just what I need right now and gave it to me so unselfishly.
When we went in to have the homemade chocolate pudding pie and oreo crust (also on my request) they sang happy birthday to me. Then, the boys said they wanted to sing me another song and sang Wadaliacha to me. When they got to, "I love you," they all pointed to me smiling. They are so adorable and I love them. They all gave me big hugs before I left. Can anyone believe that?!!?!? I'm such a lucky girl.
Happy Birthday Liz! What a wonderful celebration. I love the photo of the "little boy train" with your post. Family is the BEST.
ReplyDeleteAwwww...so sweet about Joshua raiding his piggy bank for you. Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteYour gift from us will be a little late, but I think I finally figured out what to send.
awww. that's so sweat of Joshua!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute celebration! Happy Birthday to you! And so sweet of that little boy to give you all of his money. SO giving
ReplyDeleteIt really was adorable. He is very giving!
ReplyDelete